Monday, October 29, 2012

Surgery Day

Kynee is off to school & I feel as if I'm dying of thirst! I know this is only in my head because I'm not allowed to have anything to eat or drink. Normally I would be sipping on a nice hot cup of coffee about now ;-)
I have a little over an hour before I need to get in the shower & get ready to head to Avera Hospital in Marshall MN where I'm having the surgery done.
I'm hoping we've got enough time to stop at Shopko because they called & my new eyeglasses have come in!!!
Already over half an hour late getting to the hospital to check in--nothing like adding to the stress just a little bit lol! So much for picking up my new eyeglasses eh?!
Tiara, Mykahl, Marisa & myself came in Risa's car. Jamie, Emily & my mom met us there.
Got this awesome lavender hospital gown on & my iv in. Ready to go!!!
I've met several of the anesthesia team and have decided to have the shoulder block & the general anesthesia. Here comes Amber with more of the 'happy juice' so the shoulder block shot part won't be so rough (ty Ty Ty-Amber!)
Oh my goodness, I came awake with panicked feeling sure I was having some kind of cardiac episode there was just so much pressure in my chest! I felt my eyes darting around the room & knew Marisa wasn't in the room. All I could think was I wasn't going to see her before I died. They were calling for an EKG & a draw for labs.
Then one of the anesthealogists from earlier was talking directly to me by my ear. She said she was sure the pressure I was feeling was just from the procedure to unfreeze the shoulder & the block they put in. They were doing the EKG & labs for safety since I have the BAV. Made me feel better & turned out she was right!  Jamie & Emily went to pick up my pain meds while I was in post op/recovery.
It's now 9:45pm. I just arrived home & changed into a nice really big button-up  "big shirt" since they recommend avoiding over the head types for the first few days.
Start working those pendulum arm swings-slow & easy tomorrow lol!!!
Thanks Avera Marshall Hospital you guys were great!


No comments:

Post a Comment