Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Surgery Delays & Stressors

I was all set to have my shoulder fixed on Monday, October 15, when I received an unexpected call from the hospital saying we had to postpone. Apparently the anesthesialogist was not happy with my presurgery ekg. I've always had what they've called an "abnormally normal" ekg for me but this didn't match. He said I needed another stress test & an angiogram. Now I'm waiting to hear back from Tracy, Dr Clark's nurse. He's my cardiologist at Sanford Cardiovascular Institute in Sioux Falls SD. That is also where I just had the nuclear stress test last month (9/3/2012). I need to find out what he says I need to have "cardiac clearance". I have an appointment already scheduled to see him on Nov 5 but I'd like to get back on the surgery schedule before that.
Plus I'm hoping to get put under to have 15 teeth pulled at once but all of that is now in limbo.
I just found out last night that my grandpa Mapes had a major stroke a couple weeks ago just as my mom & my sister, Jamie were leaving on vacation to New York. I'm really glad they had a wonderful time because things have been rough for my mom since they've gotten back.
Rest time. Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment