Tuesday, November 20, 2012

"...and would you have told us?"

I had to let two of my doctors know about a fall I took very late Sunday night/very early Monday morning (exactly 1 week after having my left shoulder cleaned/fixed up). Let me tell you, this wasn't some little trip & fall; oh no none of that cutesy stuff for me. I fell for no real reason, fell straight down on my left hand & knee & I fell hard.
I believe after lying there for nearly 15 minutes I am now able to state that yes if a tree falls in the forest it still makes a noise :-) 
I lay there feeling like the lady in those commercials "I've fallen & I can't get up!" nor could I reach my phone & at 1 in the morning you aren't exactly expecting company. It was with much relief I finally got myself up & collapsed onto the bed!
      Well I saw my surgeon a couple days later, he agreed the shoulder was quite tight & felt we needed to get going on Physical Therapy 3x a week for 4Wks. I am happy to report it is feeling less "jammed up" thanks to Kari's terrific work at  Tyler Avera Hospital's Physical Therapy Department.
     Next day I saw my cardiologist & found out I'm suppose to call in a.s.a.p. - anytime I fall without a cause & report. It's important they get any episodes charted. I didn't realize just how serious they would be about this because it was the first time I've gone down. I've gotten dizzy or a little light headed & had to put my hand out for a minute, take a few deep breaths-that type of thing. But until that night I'd never fallen & so far (11/20/12) I haven't blacked out as far as I know lol. Now I have to check back in with Dr Clark in January & we'll see how things are going then.
Until next time, Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment